The Ringwood Station and bus interchange redevelopment is progressing well. The $66 million dollar project was funded and commenced under the former Napthine Government.
The upgraded Ringwood station precinct will deliver a modern, accessible, safe and integrated transport facility for Ringwood. The redevelopment will include:
- A new pedestrian concourse providing 24-hour access over the rail line
- An upgrade of the heritage-listed station buildings
- Reconstruction and expansion of the bus interchange
- New toilet facilities and waiting areas
- Creation of a new landscaped station forecourt
- Increased safety with additional lighting and CCTV
- A new signalised pedestrian crossing of Maroondah Highway, with more frequent crossing opportunities
- Improved pedestrian and cycling facilities along the Maroondah Highway and Station Street
Ringwood station is scheduled to be completed by early 2016, which is set to be a fabulous outcome for our community.