How Dee can help

Dee is available to help people and community groups in the Ringwood electorate with anything involving the Victorian government.

Dee or her office can:

  • Recommend the right organisation to contact for the service, support or information you need
  • Provide or track down government leaflets, brochures, forms or other documents
  • Organise congratulatory messages for significant birthdays and anniversaries
  • Present Victorian flags to schools and community organisations
  • Provide talks to school assemblies and classes, and to community organisations, about how Parliament and government works
  • Help schools and community organisations to visit and tour Parliament House
  • Advise on whether a grant might be available for a particular project or activity, and how to apply
  • Provide support for worthwhile local projects
  • Provide advice when you have a problem or issue involving a State government department and agency
  • Ask the relevant Minister to act if a department or agency has not done the right thing or where a law needs to be changed
  • Raise issues in Parliament when the government won’t listen
  • Help you to refer an issue to an Ombudsman or other complaint handling body
  • Refer or raise issues on your behalf with a Federal MP or a local council if the issue is a Commonwealth or local government one.

Congratulatory Messages

Dee can organise congratulatory messages from the Prime Minister, Governor, Governor-General and/or the Queen for:

  • 90th birthdays
  • 100th birthdays
  • 50th (golden) wedding anniversaries
  • 60th (diamond) wedding anniversaries
  • 65th wedding anniversaries
  • 70th wedding anniversaries

There’s a helpful guide to congratulatory messages and what’s needed to arrange them at

To obtain Dee’s help to organise congratulatory messages for a loved one, contact us at least six weeks before the special day to ensure they arrive on time.

Document Witnessing

Dee Can Witness Documents as your Local Member of Parliament. Click here for more information

Levels of Government

It’s often not easy to work out which level of government is responsible for what, but here’s a quick guide to common areas:

Commonwealth (Australian Government): immigration and passports, pensions and most benefits, foreign affairs and trade, defence, income tax and GST.

State: schools, hospitals, health services, public transport, main roads, police, sheriff, consumer affairs, child protection, most disability services, Transport Accident Commission, State Trustees, public housing, occupational health and safety, planning laws, environmental protection, payroll tax, land tax and stamp duty.

Local: local roads and footpaths, parks and sporting facilities, garbage collection and recycling, health inspection, maternal and child health, senior citizens centres, planning and building permits and regulations, neighbourhood houses and community centres, local laws and municipal rates.
See or

We can help

If you’re not sure whether or not an issue is one on which Dee or her office can help, just ask. If we’re not able to help, we’ll try to put you in touch with someone who can.

For whatever assistance you are seeking, call us on 9870 7396, drop in to the office at 44 New Street, Ringwood 3134, email Dee at or use our contact form.